Newcomer Wraparound Support Program
The Newcomer Wraparound Support Program is designed to support newcomers facing overwhelming or complex barriers towards settlement and integration in Greater Victoria.
Individual and Family Wraparound Support Services provide:
- Personalized holistic support for newcomer youth, adults, families and seniors
- Support individuals to create life plans
- Community based, collaborative approach to support individualized life plans
Are you new to Canada and need some extra support? We can help you with:
- Community connection and participation
- Overcoming language barriers
- Finding support for relationship, emotional, and spiritual needs
- Maintaining healthy relationships
- Connecting with legal advocates
- Achieving basic life needs: financial; employment; housing; access to social services.
Eligible clients include those who are:
- Government Assisted Refugees
- Protected Persons
- Permanent Residents
- Refugees landed in Canada
Group Activities and Workshops:
- Healthy Living
- Therapeutic Arts
- Cross-Cultural Communications
- Legal and Tenant Advocacy
- Women's Men's and Senior's Groups
- Youth Support Group
- Youth Life Skills
- Parenting Classes and Support Groups
- Dance,Tai Chi,and Music Classes
Services are client-driven and empower newcomers to become independent and active members of the community.
*All services are confidential and culturally sensitive.