Pathways to Professions, Trades & Entrepreneurship Program
Pathways to Professions, Trades & Entrepreneurship (P2PTE) is an Immigrant Youth Employment Program that provides a combination of life and employability training to prepare you for success in a career of your choice.
By enrolling in the program, you can:
- Explore your career options – Here you will learn what your past experience, or lack thereof, means for your future career prospects
- Pick up job search techniques – Learning the best ways to find work in Canada is essential for making sure that you don’t miss out on an opportunity that is perfect for you
- Get the essential skills you need to succeed in the workplace – This can be everything from soft skills to helping you to understand how you can make the best possible first impression at your new job in Canada
Contact Shazia to learn more (email@example.com).
PATHWAYS 2 PROFESSIONS, TRADES AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
● 15-30years, not in school.
● Open to all youth including Permanent Residents, Canadian Citizens, Protected Refugees,
● Must be eligible to work in Canada
● Canadian Language Benchmark: minimum level 4
● Can commit to 30 hours a week for 8 weeks, followed by a completion of work experience or
entrepreneurship experience for a minimum of 3 months.
Due to COVID 19, the program will be offered virtually for the first 8 weeks and will include a few in
person opportunities for each cohort.
● 6 weeks: Employment Skills Training (Career exploration, individualized assessments and
certifications, networking and learning about the Canadian job market)
● 2 weeks: Employment Services (Getting ready for interviews and applying for jobs)
● Followed by 12-20 weeks: Quality Employment Opportunity
● 2 weeks Training ( individualized assessments and certifications, networking and community
● 6 weeks: Entrepreneurship Training with microlending
● Followed by 12-20 weeks: Support in Starting your business!
Both Streams include an 8 week Living Allowance (i.e. BC’s minimum wage for 30hrs a week)
How to Apply? Contact P2PTE Intake Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org 2503619433 EXT 219
Start Date for Spring intake April 6th 2021
JenniferRawlinsonProgram Manager250 361-9433 ext 207
SamiraWanasEmployment Coordinator and Youth Intake Coordinator250 361-9433 ext 222
DallasPosavadInstructor & Employment Coordinator
ShaziaRashidYouth intake coordinator and Employment Coordinator250 361-9433 ext 219/ 222