New to Victoria?
Find free newcomer services near you - Click
forms to help with your settlement into Canada
ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia) - [Driver Licensing & ID]
Guide to the Employment Standards Act
Upcoming Job Fair and Employment Events
April 9, 2019
- Employment Opportunity Exchange Victoria -HERE Magazine
April 10, 2019
Network in Victoria & surrounding areas
- VWNC (Victoria Women's Newcomers Club)
- VMNC (Victoria Region Men's and Newcomers Club)
- VENC (Victoria Evening Newcomers Club for Women)
- Newcomers’ Club of Greater Victoria (for women)
- VIATECH (Victoria Innovation, Advanced Technology and Entrepreneurship Council)
- YES (Your Entrepreneurial Society of Victoria)
- VMBC (Victoria Multicultural Business Connector)
Community Centre Your Neighbourhood Resource group (Childcare, various activities for family and more!)
- James Bay Community School Centre
- Fernwood Community Centre
- Burnside Gorge Community Association
- Oaklands Community Centre & Association
- Victoria West Community Centre
- Quadra Village Community Centre
- Fairfield Gonzales Community Association
- Victoria Native Friendship Centre
- Saanich Neighbourhood Place
- Esquimalt Neighbourhood House Society
- Eagle Ridge Community Centre - Westshore
- Mary Winspear Centre - Sidney
- Sooke Family Resource Society
- Beacon Community Services
- Panorama Recreation - CRD
Find nearest Walk-in Clinic and wait time - Click
HealthLink BC - Call 811 to speak to health service navigators, registered nurses, dietitians, qualified exercise professionals and pharmacists
Healthy Kids Program - provides coverage for basic dental treatment, optical care and hearing assistance to children in low-income families, who are not in receipt of income assistance, disability assistance or hardship assistance.
Immunize BC - Evidence-based immunization information and tools for B.C. residents
- Greater Victoria Public Library
- Children in Victoria - Resources
- Youth in Victoria - Resources
- ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia) - [Language Services]
- PHSA (Provincial Health Services Authority) - [Language Service]
- CCRR (Child Care Resource & Referral)
- Childcare BC
- StrongStart BC - Participate with your young child (aged birth to five) in play-based early learning activities
- Ready, Set, Learn - Intended for families and their three- to five-year-old children, Ready, Set, Learn is all about fostering positive connections between families, the school system and local community agencies.
- Victoria Disability Resource Centre
- Affordable Child Care Benefit - [Eligibility], [Enrolment]
- CCB (Canada child benefit) - [Overview], [How to apply], [Child and Family Benefits online calculator]
- RESP (Registered Education Savings Plan)
- TRAC (Tenant Resource & Advisory Centre )
- Here Magazine
- Volunteer Victoria
- Societe Francophone de Victoria
- The Refugee Readiness Hub
- Service BC
- Service Canada
- BC Ferry Schedule Victoria - Vancouver
- Canada Post - Find a Rate
- Canadian Bankers Association - Banking Basics
- People's Law School - Provide free education and information to help people effectively deal with the legal problems of daily life.
Develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options across the province.
- Legal Services Society(Legal Aid)
A range of free services available to people with low incomes. Services include legal information, legal advice, and legal representation (a lawyer to take your case).
- TAPS (Together Against Poverty Society)
Providing free, face-to-face legal advocacy for people with income assistance, disability benefits, employment standards, and tenancy issues.
- VIHRC (Vancouver Island Human Rights Coalition)
Through advocacy, support, and human rights education, we assist people who have experienced discrimination.
- FSGV (Family Services of Greater Victoria)
Helps children, youth, and adults manage the challenges of separation, divorce, or transition to a new family structure
An inner-city community centre serving Greater Victoria’s most vulnerable: working poor, impoverished elderly, mentally and physically challenged, addicted and the homeless.
Transitional Housing, Brain Injury, Childcare, Senior, Young Parent outreach, Respite & Respitality
Advocating for and providing emergency shelter, supportive housing, integrated health care and other support services to end homelessness
Providing information and referral regarding community, government and social services in BC. The help line services include 211, the Alcohol and Drug Information and Referral Service (ADIRS), the Problem Gambling Help Line, VictimLink BC, and the Youth Against Violence Line.
- BC Transit - handyDART
An accessible, door-to-door shared transit service for people with permanent or temporary disabilities that prevent them from using fixed-route transit without assistance from another person.
- Crisis Centre (Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Centre of BC)
A non-profit, volunteer organization committed to helping people help themselves and others deal with crisis